Geo Farms will be a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Investment and will become an Endorser of the Farmland Principles, which were created in September 2011 by a group of institutional investors with the goal of improving the sustainability, transparency and accountability of investments in farmland through best practice guidelines.
The Farmland Principles were developed and are endorsed by major institutional investors such as AP2 (Sweden), ABP (Netherlands), APG (Netherlands), ATP (Denmark), BT Pension Scheme (UK), Hermes EOS (UK), PGGM (Netherlands) and TIAA-CREF (USA)
As an Endorser, Geo Farms is committed to adhere to and implement the five Farmland Principles in investment policies and practices:
- Principle One: Promoting environmental sustainability.
- Principle Two: Respecting labor and human rights.
- Principle Three: Respecting existing land and resource rights.
- Principle Four: Upholding high business and ethical standards.
- Principle Five: Reporting on activities and progress towards implementing the Principles and promoting the Principles.